This old dairy farming property is situated near Brunswick Junction on the South West Highway and named for the distinctive outcrop of big white rocks visible from the highway passing nearby.
Pioneer John Partridge established 'White Rocks' on four hundred acres of land which he bought from Edward Clifton in 1887. By the time he married Elinor Ker in 1891, the first home, a cottage built of jarrah, was ready and still stands. It was set up as a museum by John's grandson, David and his wife Elizabeth. The museum is open by appointment.
Generations of Partridges have operated 'White Rocks' since. John and Elinor were the first, followed by Walter and Hope, David and Elizabeth and Ian and Pamela. Each generation has left its mark, added more land, improved the equipment and built or renovated the homes.
Oral tape of Hope Partridge available through Harvey History Online
'History of White Rocks' by Hope Partridge